We call it a 6-in-1 System. We created it in order to provide our customers with a complex, top-of-the-line product. Since this is a sophisticated manufacturing process, its setup is highly precise and consistent.
- Translation – As a rule, translations of manuals are usually provided by a team of our full-time translators. To become a translator at Cronica is a truly ambitious goal – as only one in 40 candidates gets through the selection process, passing all the demanding tests. A successful candidate must master both the source and target languages and be knowledgeable about the subject matter being translated. A successful candidate must be independent, responsible, accurate, and able to work with resources and find ways of cracking even the hardest translation nuts. Since our “average” translator works in Cronica for six years on average, he or she takes this time to complete regular trainings with us. Their work is supervised by project managers and editors who give the translator feedback on his or her performance. Oh, and one more note: our “average” translator is a very talented person.
- Professional editing – A full-time team of top editors ensures a professional review of each translation received at the project centre from a translator. Their task is to compare the original with the translation, assess the accuracy and consistency of terminology, and check the stylistic quality and completeness of the text. Even though our editors do not seem to make too many corrections at first glance, their work is highly specialised and their role irreplaceable in the quality process.
- Typesetting – State-of-the-art typesetting of all documents is provided by our own DTP department. In addition to the typesetting alone, we are able to use any kind of layout or graphic application for the provided artwork, or even generate the document’s graphic design altogether.
- Proofreading – The typeset text must pass through the hands (eyes) of an independent proofreader. Her (or his) role is to ensure that the final text is free of typographical errors, orphans, widows, that there are no font or image omissions, etc.
- Print – Without high quality finalization, all the efforts made up to now would go to waste. Our printing office offers high-quality printing services using mostly offset and digital technologies, bookbinding, and special printing services.
- Delivery to the customer’s warehouse – Wherever you are, we will deliver the final product to your warehouse.